Making seed tapes for lettuce and carrots- perfectly spacing the seeds so you don’t have to thin later!
You will need:
- Seed packet
- White flour
- Elastics / string
In a nutshell:
Cut two-inch-wide newspaper strips.
- Identify the name of your seeds.
- Mark the seed’s location with a marker according to the type of seed.
- Prepare the glue: add one tablespoon of flour.
- Add two tablespoons of water.
- Mix and apply glue on each location marked with a pencil.
- Plant the seeds.
But you’ll want to check out this great tutorial on how to make your own seed tapes.